Alvie Line

The Alvie line was a short branch headed north-west from Colac, opened in 1923 and closed in 1954. The majority of the land is in private ownership with only some earthworks remaining today. The photos are ordered from the junction to the terminus.

Remains of the railway formation, looking up the line

Looking south from Kennys Lane at Sheehans Road

January 05, 2009

A closer view of the same portion of the formation

Looking south from Kennys Lane at Sheehans Road

January 05, 2009

Formation curves away from Sheehans Road at Delaneys Road

Looking down the line

January 05, 2009

Formation following Sheehans Road back towards the junction

Near the intersection with Delaneys Road

January 05, 2009

Formation curves away from Sheehans Road at Delaneys Road

Looking down the line

January 05, 2009