Lines: Melbourne - Geelong - Warrnambool, Corio Independent Goods Line
Google Maps: Satellite / Map
Opened: July 30, 1982
Opened in 1982, this siding serves the adjacent Boral asphalt plant. Crushed stone is delivered by rail in hoppers from the Apex Quarry at Kilmore East. An under track conveyor is provided for the discharge of the stone. The mainline connection was altered as part of the Corio Independent Goods Line works of 2008. Until 2009 trains ran to the siding around once a week, but with the relocation of the plant the last train ran in May 2009. The new plant is on Heales Road, Lara and is not rail served, the North Shore plant was demolished in November 2009.
|April 29, 1982||Push buttons provided for Flashing Lights at North Shore Road account Apex Quarries Siding|
|July 30, 1982||Apex Quarries Siding brought into use|
|October 26, 1982||Apex Quarries Siding brought into service. Leads off International Harvestors Sdg headshunt adjacent to Phosphate Siding|
|November 1, 1856||Line opened Lara to Geelong|
|June 25, 1857||Line officially opened between Geelong and at temporary terminus at Greenwich. A ferry was used the complete the journey to Melbourne|
|October 3, 1857||Temporary Greenwich terminal and stub line closed. Geelong line now connected to the partially completed Williamstown line. A ferry complete the journey from Williamstown to Melbourne|
|January 17, 1859||Williamstown line finally completed to Melbourne. Geelong trains can now operate direct to Spencer Street Station|
|February 8, 1959||Line duplicated Corio to North Geelong A|
9 of 26 images found displayed. Click them to enlarge.