Line: Melbourne - Geelong - Warrnambool
Distance from Melbourne: 103.800 km
Track Diagram: View
Closed: October 17, 1955
Buckley was opened as Buckley's Road, being renamed by 1904. It was initially a crossing station, until March 1900 when the up and down home signals were removed, and staff locks were provided on the main line points. The 1929 track chart of the line showed the platform on the northern (up) side of the line, opposite a loop siding and goods platform.
By 1895 the station was worked under caretaker conditions, by 1949 it was no-one in charge. It was closed to all traffic on October 17, 1955. The staff locks and sidings were removed on May 14, 1957.
|October 17, 1955||Closed|
|November 25, 1876||Line opened Geelong to Winchelsea|
2 images found. Click them to enlarge.
East from the crossing, platform was to the left
Looking east from the crosssing, sidings were to the right