Line: Geelong and Warrnambool
Distance from Melbourne: 139.900 km
Track Diagram: View
Google Maps: Satellite / Map
Opened: ((March 13, 1877))
Closed: August 22, 1958
Nothing remains today of Warncoort, located beside the Princes Highway level crossing. The 1929 track chart of the line showed the platform on the south (down) side of the line, with a loop siding and goods platform.
The station was opened as a crossing station, but the home signals were removed in March 1900, the main line points being secured with staff locks. By 1908 it was being worked under caretaker conditions. From 1924 the station was an intermediate siding in the electric staff section Birregurra - Irrewarrra. It was made no-one in charge on July 11 1955 ,and closed to all traffic on August 22, 1956. The sidings and staff locks were removed by November 1959.
|((March 13, 1877))||Opened|
|August 22, 1958||Closed|
|July 27, 1877||Line opened Birregurra to Colac|
NOTE: Diagrams are not to scale.
Nine of 12 images found displayed. Click them to enlarge.
- http://www.vrhistory.com/ - Andrew Waugh
- Newsrail - October 2005, page 302. 'Birregurra: Change for Forrest', Rod Milne
- $10 million crossing loop to increase Warrnambool line's flexibility - $10 million crossing loop to increase Warrnambool line's flexibility (15 February 2013 )
- Coalition's $10 million SW Vic boost with two rail passing loops - Coalition's $10 million SW Vic boost with two rail passing loops (24 November 2010)
- Weekly Notice Extracts - Alan Jungwirth and Keith Lambert