Laverton Signal Box
Line: Melbourne - Geelong - Warrnambool
Opened: May 26, 1899
In 1899 Laverton was interlocked with a 12 lever frame on the platform and a 2 lever ground frame at the down end points. 1912 saw it replaced by a new 30 lever frame.
A relay panel replaced the mechanical frame in 1968 with the duplication of the line. The panel was moved into a new station building in 1969. Switchout facilities were provided in 1971 allowing trains to run when the signal panel was unstaffed.
A new panel was provided in 1985 with the opening of the Westona Line, and remote control from Newport was provided in 1986.
|May 26, 1899||Interlocked with 12 lever frame on platform and 2 lever frame at Down end working the Down end points.|
|June 26, 1912||New 30 lever interlocked frame provided and auxiliary frame at Down end abolished. Siding A and B provided for crossing.|
|April 29, 1928||Siding B connected to main line at Down end via motor operated points.|
|May 2, 1965||Line duplicated Rock - Laverton. Panel provided to work points and signal at the Up end.|
|December 1, 1967||Access to Aircraft Siding via new line from Down end of yard.|
|February 18, 1968||Back platform road provided. Mechanical frame replaced by relay panel.|
|June 1, 1969||Relay panel relocated in new station building.|
|February 28, 1971||Switch out facilities provided. When Laverton switched out all Up trains must run on West line, and all Down trains on East line, between Altona Junction and Werribee.|
|February 15, 1985||New panel provided.|
|October 11, 1986||Control transferred to Newport. Local panel fitted with switchout lever.|
|June 25, 1857||Line officially opened between Geelong and at temporary terminus at Greenwich. A ferry was used the complete the journey to Melbourne|
|October 3, 1857||Temporary Greenwich terminal and stub line closed. Geelong line now connected to the partially completed Williamstown line. A ferry complete the journey from Williamstown to Melbourne|
|January 17, 1859||Williamstown line finally completed to Melbourne. Geelong trains can now operate direct to Spencer Street Station|
|September 1, 1968||Line duplicated Laverton to Werribee|