Werribee Signal Box
Line: Melbourne - Geelong - Warrnambool
Opened: (November 7, 1896)
In 1896 Werribee was interlocked with a 16 lever frame. This signal box was closed in 1910 when the frame was extended to 20 levers, and relocated to a new signal bay combined with the ticket office.
1917 saw a new 35 lever frame provided, presumably in the same spot. may 1927 saw the station catch fire, and a new frame was provided in February 1928. In 1931 a panel was provided for the remote control of Drome loop.
1963 saw an unusual set of manually control boom gates installed at Cherry Street, controlled by lever 19 on the frame. 1973 saw the abolition of the mechanical frame and replacement with a panel. Remote control of Little River was also provided at this time,until it was removed in 2006 when control was transferred to Geelong.
|(November 7, 1896)||Opened|
|June 25, 1857||Line officially opened between Geelong and at temporary terminus at Greenwich. A ferry was used the complete the journey to Melbourne|
|October 3, 1857||Temporary Greenwich terminal and stub line closed. Geelong line now connected to the partially completed Williamstown line. A ferry complete the journey from Williamstown to Melbourne|
|January 17, 1859||Williamstown line finally completed to Melbourne. Geelong trains can now operate direct to Spencer Street Station|
|October 25, 1970||Line duplicated Werribee to Little River|
9 of 55 images found displayed. Click them to enlarge.