Line: Melbourne - Geelong - Warrnambool
Junction with: Altona Line
Distance from Melbourne: 20.412 km (21.633km via Altona)
Track Diagram: View
Google Maps: Satellite / Map
Opened: April 11, 1985
Laverton Junction opened in 1985 when the line from Westona was extended to Laverton. Laverton Loop is provided after the junction on the Westona line. The junction itself is on the East Line (usually used by Down trains) with a crossover between the two Geelong lines being located further down the line. Initially controlled from Laverton, in 1986 control was transferred to Newport.
|April 11, 1985||Opened|
|June 25, 1857||Line officially opened between Geelong and at temporary terminus at Greenwich. A ferry was used the complete the journey to Melbourne|
|October 3, 1857||Temporary Greenwich terminal and stub line closed. Geelong line now connected to the partially completed Williamstown line. A ferry complete the journey from Williamstown to Melbourne|
|January 17, 1859||Williamstown line finally completed to Melbourne. Geelong trains can now operate direct to Spencer Street Station|
|April 11, 1985||Line opened Westona to Laverton Junction|
|May 2, 1965||Line duplicated Rock to Laverton|
|October 22, 1967||Line duplicated Altona Junction to Laverton|
|April 11, 1985||Laverton Loop opened. Automatic and Track Control section now Westona - Laverton Loop|
9 of 11 images found displayed. Click them to enlarge.