Distance from Melbourne: 13.928 km
Track Diagram: View
Opened: November 9, 1953
Closed: January 18, 1984
Mobiltown opened on November 9, 1953 as the 'Standard Oil Platform'. It was built for the use of workers at the adjacent Vacuum Oil Company and the Broun Trans-World Construction company, with trains stopping at times to suit. It was not until September 7, 1958 that it was made a public platform and most trains were timetable to stop there.
The platform was renamed Mobiltown on June 1, 1954 after 'Mobil' was adopted as the trading name of the Vacuum Oil Company. The station was closed on January 18, 1985 when the line was extended to Westona, the platform being removed with no remains visible today.
|November 9, 1953||Opened|
|January 18, 1984||Closed|
|April 7, 1885||Line opened Newport South to Williamstown Racecourse|