Vacuum Oil Coy
Line: Melbourne - Geelong - Warrnambool
Distance from Melbourne: 70 km
Track Diagram: View
Google Maps: Satellite / Map
Opened: October 5, 1920
Closed: February 5, 1964
This siding was the second one provided in the area, and ran off at the down end of the station along the eastern side of the main line towards Geelong. Opened in 1920, in 1927 the Commonwealth Oil Refinery siding was provided, but was removed at an unknown date.
From 1960s the Country Roads Board begun to buy property in the area for future road widening, with the siding abolished in 1964. The site of the depot is now under the Margaret Street overpass, being taken up by the station car park and the expanded Princes Highway in the early 1970s.
|October 5, 1920||Opened|
|February 5, 1964||Closed|
|November 1, 1856||Line opened Lara to Geelong|
|June 25, 1857||Line officially opened between Geelong and at temporary terminus at Greenwich. A ferry was used the complete the journey to Melbourne|
|October 3, 1857||Temporary Greenwich terminal and stub line closed. Geelong line now connected to the partially completed Williamstown line. A ferry complete the journey from Williamstown to Melbourne|
|January 17, 1859||Williamstown line finally completed to Melbourne. Geelong trains can now operate direct to Spencer Street Station|
|April 11, 1863||Line duplicated North Geelong Junction to Geelong - due to construction of line to Ballarat|