A bit of a visual refresh
May 19, 2013
Every few years Victoria's rail operators decide to rebrand their operations, instead of fixing the things that passengers actually care about, like on time running. Taking a leaf out of their book, I've revamped the look and feel of this site, instead of updating the content you came here to see.
Hopefully I haven't broken anything in the process!
More Regional Rail Link updates
March 16, 2013
Over the weekend I spent a few hours driving the length of the Regional Rail Link project, from North Melbourne to West Werribee, via Footscray, Sunshine, Deer Park, Tarneit and Wyndham Vale. Here are the resulting photos of the RRL works.
Regional Rail Link works, and other project updates
December 28, 2011
In case you haven't noticed, over the past few months I have been uploading a large number of photos related various rail projects going on along the Geelong line. These include:
- Regional Rail Link works between Southern Cross in Melbourne and the junction with the Geelong line at West Werribee Junction.
- Duplication of the standard gauge between North Geelong and Gheringhap.
- New signalling on the standard gauge at Manor Loop, Laverton Loop and the CRT Siding.
- Construction of the rail served Sadleirs Logistics warehouse at Spotwsood
- New stabling sidings at Newport Workshops.
- Grade separation at Kororoit Creek Road, Altona.
- Grade separation at Anglesea Road, Grovedale.
The Regional Rail Link works will be going for the new few years, the rest of the projects are either complete, or almost done.
Geelong line shutdown in February 2011
March 07, 2011
In late February 2011 V/Line shutdown the Geelong line between Geelong and Warrnambool to enable some major trackworks to be carried out. Works included:
- 1 in 2 resleepering of the mainline between Geelong and the down side of Marshall with low-profile "partial replacement" concrete sleepers.
- Relaying the McKilliop Street level crossing
- Replacing the original 1912-era bridge span over Moorabool Street
- Pit replacement at South Geelong station, replacing the track of number 1 road with concrete sleepers
- Disconnecting the loop siding at Geelong Racecourse from the main line
- Replacing the walkways of the Waurn Ponds Creek bridge
- Building a new 7-span culvert underneath the railway embankment at Woolscour Lane
- Pit replacement at Marshall station, replacing the track of number 1 road with concrete sleepers
Photos of the work done can be found in the Gallery - here.
New RSS feeds available
February 10, 2010
More site issues
December 21, 2009
Some site issues
December 10, 2009
Major updates for 2009
November 10, 2009
- New page listing all updates by when they were made
- Lineguides sorted by region
- The Geelong line now covers all station between Geelong and Warrnambool, including all closed stations along the way.
- The Maribyrnong River and Power Station and Oil Lines are now covered in much greater detail.
- The Mortlake branch is also covered.
Winchelsea resignalling photos
February 23, 2009
More site updates
November 12, 2008