Regional Rail Link starts to wind up
September 30, 2014
I have uploaded another few months worth of Regional Rail Link updates - work is starting to wrap up, with all of the trackwork complete, works compounds have been dismantled, and new signals lit and and ready for use.
Regional Rail Link updates
July 12, 2014
I've just uploaded another round of Regional Rail Link updates. New track is in place all the way from Southern Cross all the way to West Werribee, with signalling works completed as far as Sunshine.
And everything is back!
July 07, 2014
I've finally finished rebuidling the site, with all of the photos back where they should be.
Rebuilding the site
July 03, 2014
You might have noticed things are a bit screwed up - I'm currently rebuilding the site on a new server after my old web host pulled the plug! Most of the content is back up and working, but the gallery is the hard bit.
Hopefully everything will be back in good time!
Three months of Regional Rail Link updates
May 04, 2014
I've just caught up with another three months worth of Regional Rail Link project updates. Track laying beside the suburban tracks is completed as far as Sunshine where two new platforms in use, the stations are Tarneit and Wyndham Vale are virtually completed, and track laying is well advanced between Deer Park and Werribee. Here are the resulting photos of the RRL works.
Still more Regional Rail Link updates
January 01, 2014
I've just caught up with my Regional Rail Link project updates. Now there are new tracks in use at North Melbourne, new flyovers at Footscray, new stations at West Footscray, tracklaying through to Sunshine, almost finished stations at Tarneit and Wyndham Vale, and a completed junction at Manor. Here are the resulting photos of the RRL works.
A bit of a visual refresh
May 19, 2013
Every few years Victoria's rail operators decide to rebrand their operations, instead of fixing the things that passengers actually care about, like on time running. Taking a leaf out of their book, I've revamped the look and feel of this site, instead of updating the content you came here to see.
Hopefully I haven't broken anything in the process!
More Regional Rail Link updates
March 16, 2013
Over the weekend I spent a few hours driving the length of the Regional Rail Link project, from North Melbourne to West Werribee, via Footscray, Sunshine, Deer Park, Tarneit and Wyndham Vale. Here are the resulting photos of the RRL works.
Regional Rail Link works, and other project updates
December 28, 2011
In case you haven't noticed, over the past few months I have been uploading a large number of photos related various rail projects going on along the Geelong line. These include:
- Regional Rail Link works between Southern Cross in Melbourne and the junction with the Geelong line at West Werribee Junction.
- Duplication of the standard gauge between North Geelong and Gheringhap.
- New signalling on the standard gauge at Manor Loop, Laverton Loop and the CRT Siding.
- Construction of the rail servedÂ Sadleirs Logistics warehouse at Spotwsood
- New stabling sidings at Newport Workshops.
- Grade separation at Kororoit Creek Road, Altona.
- Grade separation at Anglesea Road, Grovedale.
The Regional Rail Link works will be going for the new few years, the rest of the projects are either complete, or almost done.
Geelong line shutdown in February 2011
March 07, 2011
In late February 2011 V/Line shutdown the Geelong line between Geelong and Warrnambool to enable some major trackworks to be carried out. Works included:
- 1 in 2 resleepering of the mainline between Geelong and the down side of Marshall with low-profile "partial replacement" concrete sleepers.
- Relaying the McKilliop Street level crossing
- Replacing the original 1912-era bridge span over Moorabool Street
- Pit replacement at South Geelong station, replacing the track of number 1 road with concrete sleepers
- Disconnecting the loop siding at Geelong Racecourse from the main line
- Replacing the walkways of the Waurn Ponds Creek bridge
- Building a new 7-span culvert underneath the railway embankment at Woolscour Lane
- Pit replacement at Marshall station, replacing the track of number 1 road with concrete sleepers
Photos of the work done can be found in the Gallery - here.