Alvie Line

The Alvie line was a short branch headed north-west from Colac, opened in 1923 and closed in 1954. The majority of the land is in private ownership with only some earthworks remaining today. The photos are ordered from the junction to the terminus. For more details see Alvie.

Closer view from the cutting on Corangamite Lake Road

Looking up the line

January 05, 2009

Closer view from the cutting on Corangamite Lake Road

Looking down the line

January 05, 2009