Barwon Station

Line: Forrest
Distance from Melbourne: 158.900 km
Track Diagram: View
Google Maps: Satellite /  Map
Opened: June 5, 1891
Closed: March 4, 1957

Opened as Dewings Creek but soon changed to Barwon Downs, and later shorted to Barwon. A passenger platform 60 metre long fronted the main line, a 170 metre long loop siding and goods platform opposite. A gate house was also provided for the adjacent level crossing.

A six tone crane for timber loaded was installed in 1898 to serve newly constructed local sawmills. Between 1897 and 1944 three timber tramways ran to the station yard supplying timber from the Hayden Brothers and Mackie sawmills, located up to 17 km away at Mount Cowley.


June 5, 1891 Opened
March 4, 1957 Closed
Line Opened
June 5, 1891 Line opened Birregurra to Forrest
Line Closed
March 4, 1957 Line closed Birregurra to Forrest



NOTE: Diagrams are not to scale.

 Barwon on opening


Related Locations