Breakwater Station

Station
Line: Geelong and Warrnambool
Distance from Melbourne: 77.700 km
Track Diagram: View
Opened: December 28, 1889
Closed: August 18, 1898

Breakwater was opened as a flag station on December 28, 1889. Located on the north side of the Barwon River bridge, it was closed on March 6, 1895. It was then reopened on June 25, 1895 with the proviso that only daylight train were to stop, the station finally closing to all traffic on August 12, 1898. The buildings remained, and were rented out until 1905.

Events


December 28, 1889 Opened
August 18, 1898 Closed
Line Opened
November 25, 1876 Line opened Geelong to Winchelsea

Top

Sources