British Imperial Oil Company

Line: Geelong and Warrnambool
Distance from Melbourne: 69.976 km
Track Diagram: View
Opened: November 25, 1913
Closed: August 17, 1944

This siding was one of three that were located at North Geelong, the others being for the Vacuum Oil Coy and the C.O.R. Siding.

In 1913 a siding was provided for British Imperial Oil Company, being the first oil siding it the area. It lead off the down end of the station along the western side, about where the Margaret Street overpass is today. Later used by the Shell Oil Coy’, the siding was abolished in 1944.


November 25, 1913 Opened
August 17, 1944 Closed
Line Opened
November 1, 1856 Line opened Lara to Geelong
June 25, 1857 Line officially opened between Geelong and at temporary terminus at Greenwich. A ferry was used the complete the journey to Melbourne
October 3, 1857 Temporary Greenwich terminal and stub line closed. Geelong line now connected to the partially completed Williamstown line. A ferry complete the journey from Williamstown to Melbourne
January 17, 1859 Williamstown line finally completed to Melbourne. Geelong trains can now operate direct to Spencer Street Station
Track Amplified
April 11, 1863 Line duplicated North Geelong Junction to Geelong - due to construction of line to Ballarat
April 30, 1922 Line duplicated North Geelong A to North Geelong B