C.O.R. Siding

Line: Geelong and Warrnambool
Distance from Melbourne: 70.095 km
Track Diagram: View
Opened: May 24, 1927

This siding was one of three that were located at North Geelong, the others being for the British Imperial Oil Company and the Vacuum Oil Coy. The siding was provided off the Vacuum Oil Coy siding in 1927 and was removed at an unknown date.


May 24, 1927 Opened
Line Opened
November 1, 1856 Line opened Lara to Geelong
June 25, 1857 Line officially opened between Geelong and at temporary terminus at Greenwich. A ferry was used the complete the journey to Melbourne
October 3, 1857 Temporary Greenwich terminal and stub line closed. Geelong line now connected to the partially completed Williamstown line. A ferry complete the journey from Williamstown to Melbourne
January 17, 1859 Williamstown line finally completed to Melbourne. Geelong trains can now operate direct to Spencer Street Station
Track Amplified
April 11, 1863 Line duplicated North Geelong Junction to Geelong - due to construction of line to Ballarat