Church Street

Road Overbridge
Line: Geelong and Warrnambool
Google Maps: Satellite /  Map

Also known at the 'Telegraph Bridge' the road bridge at Church Street was one of two over bridges provided with the opening of the Geelong Line. (the other was at Separation Street). The original bridge was built in 1854 by the Geelong and Melbourne Railway Company. It was replaced by an iron bridge in 1862, soon after the Victorian Railways took ownership of the line. This bridge was then widened in 1929 to cater for increased traffic.

The current bridge was built in 1971 when the adjacent Princess Highway was widened and the road intersection rebuilt into a 'trumpet' style interchange with traffic lights. The bridge has four lanes and a footpath on the northern side.