Cudgee Station

Station
Line: Geelong and Warrnambool
Google Maps: Satellite /  Map
Closed: October 2, 1961

The station was located south of the Hallowells Road level crossing on a curve, with little marking the site other than a widening of the cutting and a row of trees. In the 1929 track diagram the station had a passenger platform on the western side of the line, opposite a loop siding and a goods platform.

The home signals at the station were abolished in 1899, with staff locks provided on the main line points. From 1925 the station could open as an Intermediate Electric Staff Block Point in the Panmure - Allansford section, not being being disestablished until the 1960s. By 1900 Cudgee was worked under caretaker conditions, in 1953 it was made no-one in charge. It was closed to all passengers on August 19, 1957 and closed to all traffic on September 26, 1960. The staff locks and sidings were abolished in May 1961.

Events


October 2, 1961 Closed
Line Opened
February 4, 1890 Line opened Terang to Warrnambool

Top

Diagrams


NOTE: Diagrams are not to scale.

 Cudgee 1929

Top

Photos


3 images found. Click them to enlarge.

Sidings were to the left

January 05, 2009

Top

Sources