Deans Marsh Station

Line: Forrest
Distance from Melbourne: 145.200 km
Track Diagram: View
Google Maps: Satellite /  Map
Opened: June 5, 1891
Closed: March 4, 1957

Deans Marsh was an established town when the railway arrived, with the station located west of the township. A 60 metre long passenger platform with a 170 metre long loop siding, goods shed and goods platform was originally provided, along with a gate house at the level crossing. A six ton derrick crane and dead end siding were later added.

Deans Marsh served as the railhead for Lorne, with a refreshment room provided for the passengers transferring to coaches headed over the Otway Ranges to the seaside resort. This traffic ended following the completion of the Great Ocean Road in 1932. Timber and agricultural produce were the main outwards goods.


June 5, 1891 Opened
March 4, 1957 Closed
Line Opened
June 5, 1891 Line opened Birregurra to Forrest
Line Closed
March 4, 1957 Line closed Birregurra to Forrest



NOTE: Diagrams are not to scale.

 Deans Marsh on opening