Duneed Station

Line: Geelong and Warrnambool
Distance from Melbourne: 84.500 km
Track Diagram: View
Opened: ((November 25, 1876))
Closed: January 1, 1921

Duneed station was in Boundary Road, east of Ghazepore Road, and was a mere flag station. It was closed to passengers in 1915.

In February 1914 the station was made a Electric Staff crossing station, with two roads and a dead end extension at each end. The loop was about 313 yards long between departure signals, the extensions being of an unmarked length. A signal box was provided, as well as full interlocking. Signals included two distant signals, four arrival signals, four departure signals, and four disc signals for trains to and from the two dead end sidings. No platform was marked on the 1914 signal diagram.

By August 1915 it had been disestablished as a crossing station, the signals being crossed and the points disconnected and spiked. It was permanently closed as a crossing station in July 1921, the signals removed in March 1923, with the 1929 track chart of the line not showing the station.


((November 25, 1876)) Opened
January 1, 1921 Closed
Line Opened
November 25, 1876 Line opened Geelong to Winchelsea
(February 23, 1914) Duneed opened. Large Electric Staff section now South Geelong - Duneed - Moriac
July 26, 1921 Duneed closed. Large Electric Staff section now South Geelong - Moriac



NOTE: Diagrams are not to scale.

 Duneed on opening



2 images found. Click them to enlarge.