Garvoc Station

Line: Geelong and Warrnambool
Google Maps: Satellite /  Map
Closed: January 30, 1966

Garvoc was located west of Garvoc Station Road, and east of Garvoc - Laang Road. The platform mound is still visible, and the station master's house remains but in private ownership.

The station was made an Electric Staff station in 1911, with up and down home signals provided, the staff locks on the points replaced by plunger locking. Staffing was a Man in Charge. The 1929 track chart of the line showed the platform on the north (up) side of the line, with a three road and goods platform. A short dead end extension was located at the down end.

In 1933 it was disestablished as a staff station, but could open as an Intermediate Block Point. The home signals were fixed at proceed, and the points in number 2 road were spiked for the shed road. The signals and plunger locking were abolished in 1962, a staff lock being provided on the main line points. It was closed to all traffic in 1966, and disestablished as a Intermediate Block Point in 1967.


January 30, 1966 Closed
Line Opened
February 4, 1890 Line opened Terang to Warrnambool
June 5, 1911 Garvoc opened. Large Electric Staff section now Terang - Garvoc - Panmure
(April 7, 1925) Garvoc opened. Composite Electric Staff section now Panmure - Garvoc - Allansford
April 24, 1933 Garvoc opened. Composite Electric Staff section now Terang - Garvoc - Panmure



NOTE: Diagrams are not to scale.

 Garvoc 1929



5 images found. Click them to enlarge.


Related Locations