Geelong C Signal Box

Geelong C Signal Box
Signal Box
Line: Geelong and Warrnambool
Google Maps: Satellite /  Map
Opened: May 26, 1884
Closed: August 29, 1909

Geelong C box was opened in 1884 with the provision of signal interlocking to Geelong Station. It was also known as 'Geelong Yard', and was named Geelong B between 1884 and 1898.

This signal box was originally provided with a 35 lever frame, and controlled trains from the Geelong station platforms towards Geelong A box. It also controlled access to and from the goods yard and the carriage sidings. The frame was extended to 38 levers in 1896.

It was abolished in 1909 when Geelong A took over control of the area.


May 26, 1884 Opened
August 29, 1909 Closed
Line Opened
November 1, 1856 Line opened Lara to Geelong
June 25, 1857 Line officially opened between Geelong and at temporary terminus at Greenwich. A ferry was used the complete the journey to Melbourne
October 3, 1857 Temporary Greenwich terminal and stub line closed. Geelong line now connected to the partially completed Williamstown line. A ferry complete the journey from Williamstown to Melbourne
January 17, 1859 Williamstown line finally completed to Melbourne. Geelong trains can now operate direct to Spencer Street Station
Track Amplified
April 11, 1863 Line duplicated North Geelong Junction to Geelong - due to construction of line to Ballarat



1 images found. Click them to enlarge.

North-western side

December 18, 2005


Related Locations