Geelong Signal Control Centre Signal Box
Line: Geelong and Warrnambool
Opened: June 2005
Closed: May 18, 2015
The Geelong Signal Control Centre opened in 2005 as part of the Regional Fast Rail project.
The centre controlled signals and points for the entire Geelong Line from the down side of Werribee through to Marshall, exclusive of South Geelong which is still locally controlled.
Interlockings at Corio station and North Shore are controlled using an older Westinghouse Westcad terminal (formerly located at North Geelong A); Marshall is a separate VHLC/EC5 interlocking provided in 2004, and controlled using a Aspectus terminal; while the remaining of the line is connected to Alstom SSI interlockings, which are controlled from a series of Sigview terminals.
It was initially housed in a portable site hut near the former Geelong A box, but was moved to a permanent building in 2006.
The control centre was decommissioned on Sunday morning 18 May 2015, when control of signalling in the Geelong area was transferred to Centrol in Melbourne.
|May 18, 2015||Closed|
|November 1, 1856||Line opened Lara to Geelong|
|June 25, 1857||Line officially opened between Geelong and at temporary terminus at Greenwich. A ferry was used the complete the journey to Melbourne|
|October 3, 1857||Temporary Greenwich terminal and stub line closed. Geelong line now connected to the partially completed Williamstown line. A ferry complete the journey from Williamstown to Melbourne|
|January 17, 1859||Williamstown line finally completed to Melbourne. Geelong trains can now operate direct to Spencer Street Station|
|April 11, 1863||Line duplicated North Geelong Junction to Geelong - due to construction of line to Ballarat|
8 images found. Click them to enlarge.