Hoppers Crossing Station

Station
Line: Geelong and Warrnambool
Distance from Melbourne: 27.665 km
Track Diagram: View
Google Maps: Satellite /  Map
Opened: November 16, 1970

Hoppers Crossing opened in 1970 as an island platform on the down side of the Morris Road level crossing. It was initially served by the local Werribee trains.

In 1983 with the electrification of the Werribee line, the station was relocated on the up side of the level crossing, and the current island platform and brown brick building provided.

Events


November 16, 1970 Opened
Line Opened
June 25, 1857 Line officially opened between Geelong and at temporary terminus at Greenwich. A ferry was used the complete the journey to Melbourne
October 3, 1857 Temporary Greenwich terminal and stub line closed. Geelong line now connected to the partially completed Williamstown line. A ferry complete the journey from Williamstown to Melbourne
January 17, 1859 Williamstown line finally completed to Melbourne. Geelong trains can now operate direct to Spencer Street Station
Track Amplified
September 1, 1968 Line duplicated Laverton to Werribee

Top

Photos


9 images found. Click them to enlarge.

Station building

From the Melboune end looking towards Werribee

April 12, 2008

Point Cook over bridge, under construction

Between Forsyth Road and Aircraft station

March 11, 2007

Forsyth Road over bridge

March 11, 2007

Down departure signal, West (normally up) line

Morris Road level crossing in background

June 11, 2006

Up end curve

July 28, 2005

Overview

Looking from the up end towards Morris Road

July 28, 2005

Top

Sources