Layard Station

Line: Wensleydale
Distance from Melbourne: 103.099 km
Track Diagram: View
Google Maps: Satellite /  Map
Opened: March 17, 1890
Closed: February 12, 1945

A timber faced platform 200 feet long fronted the main line on the south side, with a portable station building provided, and a loop siding opposite. By 1900 the office was removed, and in 1928 the role for main line and loop road was swapped to allow goods to be loaded from the passenger platform. The loop siding was removed in 1945 when the station was closed.


March 17, 1890 Opened
February 12, 1945 Closed
Line Opened
March 17, 1890 Line opened Moriac to Wensleydale
Line Closed
October 12, 1948 Line closed Moriac to Wensleydale



NOTE: Diagrams are not to scale.

 Layard on opening