Mambourin Station

Line: Geelong and Warrnambool
Distance from Melbourne: 41.037 km
Track Diagram: View
Opened: November 1888
Closed: 1893

Opened in 1888 as 'Pearce's Bros Siding' to serve a nearby quarry, it was renamed 'Mambourin' in 1892 and closed in 1893. The quarry was later served by a siding from Manor station.


November 1888 Opened
1893 Closed
Line Opened
June 25, 1857 Line officially opened between Geelong and at temporary terminus at Greenwich. A ferry was used the complete the journey to Melbourne
October 3, 1857 Temporary Greenwich terminal and stub line closed. Geelong line now connected to the partially completed Williamstown line. A ferry complete the journey from Williamstown to Melbourne
January 17, 1859 Williamstown line finally completed to Melbourne. Geelong trains can now operate direct to Spencer Street Station
Track Amplified
October 25, 1970 Line duplicated Werribee to Little River