Marcus Station

Station
Line: Queenscliff
Distance from Melbourne: 99.374 km
Track Diagram: View
Google Maps: Satellite /  Map
Opened: February 1, 1883
Closed: February 6, 1961

Marcus opened as 'Ocean Grove' before being renamed to 'Marcus Hill' in 1896, then to 'Marcus' in 1904.

It's main traffic in later years was milk despatched from the Ocean Grove dairy.

Events


February 1, 1883 Opened
January 1, 1889 Wooden goods platform provided (this year)
February 1, 1896 Renamed 'Marcus Hill'
May 2, 1904 Renamed 'Marcus'
January 1, 1910 Goods platform removed (this year)
January 1, 1950 Station building removed (this decade)
February 6, 1961 Closed
Line Opened
May 21, 1879 Line opened Queenscliff Junction to Queenscliff
Line Closed
November 6, 1976 Line closed Cheetham's Siding to Queenscliff

Top

Sources