Power Station and Oil Lines

Power Station and Oil Lines
Line: Geelong and Warrnambool
Junction with: Power Station and Oil Lines
Distance from Melbourne: 9.230 km
Track Diagram: View
Google Maps: Satellite /  Map
Opened: December 22, 1913

The Power Station and Oil Lines branches from the main line here at Spotswood. The connection was opened in 1914 and closed by the 1980s when the last of the various sidings had closed. The tracks remain today between Spotwdood station and Hall Street, but the main line connection has been removed.


December 22, 1913 Opened
Line Opened
October 3, 1857 Temporary Greenwich terminal and stub line closed. Geelong line now connected to the partially completed Williamstown line. A ferry complete the journey from Williamstown to Melbourne
January 17, 1859 Williamstown line finally completed to Melbourne. Geelong trains can now operate direct to Spencer Street Station
Track Amplified
(January 19, 1887) Line duplicated Spotswood to Newport



Nine of 24 images found displayed. Click them to enlarge.

Remaining rotten sleepers

April 25, 2009


Aerial Photos

1945 photo map of Melbourne, produced by the Victorian Department of Lands and Survey, now accessable via the University of Melbourne:

1945 aerial photo of Power Station and Oil Lines