Queenscliff Pier

Industry
Line: Queenscliff
Opened: May 21, 1879
Closed: January 1, 1936

Opened to transfer goods from ships to the railway, the siding opening with the line.

A tramway operated along the pier itself, with horse drawn wagons being used on the tramway to transfer goods from the rail siding, to the ships moored at the end of the pier.

One broad gauge siding ran to the Port Philip Sea Pilots shed where a goods platform was provided, as well as a second broad gauge track which ran beside the transhipment platform for the pier tramway.

Events


May 21, 1879 Opened
January 1, 1936 Closed

Top

Sources