Seddon Signal Box

Signal Box
Line: Geelong and Warrnambool
Opened: December 10, 1906
Closed: October 22, 1912

Seddon box was opened as a block post between Footscray and Yarraville in 1906 with a six lever frame, all in use. It was replaced in this role by Yarraville B box in 1912.

Events


December 10, 1906 Opened
October 22, 1912 Closed
Line Opened
January 17, 1859 Williamstown line finally completed to Melbourne. Geelong trains can now operate direct to Spencer Street Station
Track Amplified
(January 19, 1887) Line duplicated Footscray to Yarraville

Top

Photos


4 images found. Click them to enlarge.

Overview from the south

January 25, 2009

Footbridge

March 11, 2007

Platforms

Platform 2 in the background

August 23, 2006

Overview from the north

Footscray end of Seddon looking towards the station in the Newport direction

July 28, 2005

Top

Related Locations


Sources