Stony Creek

Line: Geelong and Warrnambool
Distance from Melbourne: 8.238 km
Track Diagram: View
Google Maps: Satellite /  Map
Opened: January 17, 1859

The original bridge was built as part of the Melbourne - Williamstown railway, and was replaced in 1902-03 with new girders.


January 17, 1859 Opened
Line Opened
October 3, 1857 Temporary Greenwich terminal and stub line closed. Geelong line now connected to the partially completed Williamstown line. A ferry complete the journey from Williamstown to Melbourne
January 17, 1859 Williamstown line finally completed to Melbourne. Geelong trains can now operate direct to Spencer Street Station
Track Amplified
(January 19, 1887) Line duplicated Yarraville to Spotswood