Yaugher Station

Line: Forrest
Distance from Melbourne: 164.500 km
Track Diagram: View
Google Maps: Satellite /  Map
Opened: June 5, 1891
Closed: June 30, 1952

Originally opened as Barwon Downs but soon renamed to Yaugher. A passenger platform 60 metre long fronted the main line, a 170 metre long loop siding and goods platform opposite. A gate house was also provided for the adjacent level crossing.

A stock ramp was installed in 1925 at the rest of local farmers, and between 1943-1945 the Forest Commission took over the railway yard to cut firewood and charcoal for war time fuel needs.


June 5, 1891 Opened
June 30, 1952 Closed
Line Opened
June 5, 1891 Line opened Birregurra to Forrest
Line Closed
March 4, 1957 Line closed Birregurra to Forrest



NOTE: Diagrams are not to scale.

 Yaugher on opening